Exposing the State Bar of Arizona
* On a photo refers to a blatantly ignored
Conflict of Interest
Got a Complaint against the SBA?
Voluntary vs. Mandatory
Should NOT be forced to Join an Organization and fund Speech you disagree with
Click for Radio Interviews
1 Reason for a Voluntary Bar?
225,000 Reasons for a Mandatory Bar?
A MANDATORY vs. VOLUNTARY State Bar
The Following are VOLUNTEER Associations:
13. New Jersey
14. New York
19. West Virginia
MANDATORY Bar Associations:
The following are States with Mandatory associations and a possible reason for the same:
• Alabama (corruption and huntin' are in their blood)
• Alaska (home of "the bridge to nowhere")
• Arizona (home of "America's Toughest Sheriff")
• California (F*cked up and proud of it)
• District of Columbia (home of Mayor Marion Barry)
• Florida (home of the hanging election chads)
• Louisiana (Katrina was a sign from above)
• Michigan (one word...Detroit)
• Mississippi (you don't want to be included with them)
• Montana (where men are men and sheep are nervous)
• Nevada (home of "Dirty" Harry Reid)
• New Hampshire
• New Mexico
• North Carolina
• North Dakota
• Rhode Island
• South Carolina
• South Dakota
Volunteer State Bar Associations
#1 Reason for Big Dues
The State Bar of Arizona is MANDATORY. Supporters of the MANDATORY associations refer to them as INTEGRATED bar associations. Because Arizona is a MANDATORY bar association, every attorney in the state, whether practicing or not, is obligated to pay annual dues of $520. With over 23,000 "member" attorneys, the Bar rakes in $9.2 millionin dues each year! The slush fund pays for their stylish building, lavish salaries and unnecessary programs. To lawyers in the big firms, it's not a big deal but to solo practitioners running their shops on tight budgets it's rough. Money has corrupted the State Bar and they only want more...
The State Bar of Arizona should be VOLUNTARY. One of the biggest concerns has to do with the Accounting. Below is part of the fight regarding the numbers. It included a Petition for a Rule Change - it was DENIED. That set up the "Task Force" showdown.
Mandatory State Bar Associations
The Entire Content of this Website is based on reports from multiple sources - Attorneys, Consumer, and former AZBAR staff.
In some cases, the names of the contributors have been withheld, due to the fear of RETALIATION by the State Bar of Arizona.
Copyright © AZBarWatch. All Rights Reserved.